Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pong (Java) - Update 1

It's been a few days since I last posted about the pong game, so I figured it is probably time for a little update. I've made a few changes to knock some items off the list. I added a background image, so it looks a little more like Pong and I've changed the way the score is displayed (and the right score is on the right side). I've come across a couple of new problems:
  1. The background image constantly repaints with the game. I don't know if this can be changed or not, but it seems rather inefficient, and may actually be slowing down the game some.
  2. The path to the image will probably change for others compiling the game. It would be nice if that weren't the case, however, I'd like to be able to keep images and the src code separate
However, other than that, things are pretty much the same. Check out the original post to see what else can be taken care of. I also smartened up and uploaded a zip file containing the src files. I don't know why that didn't occur to me before, but I'll do one for each update I make so people can see how the progress was made if interested. That's all at my Open Games for Beginners Google Site. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment