Friday, May 29, 2009

Pong (Java) - Update 2

This is just a quick one to mention a couple things:
  1. I was a bit of a dummy and uploaded a zip file of the pong game, however I didn't include the background image, the new version has it.
  2. I've updated the game to have a winner (seems pretty important). The only thing is, I didn't know how to display it very well. I'd like to be able to remove the background, ball and paddles completely and have the text in the middle. Any ideas?
  3. Being able to restart the game would also be nice.
So, that's it for now with the Pong game. I'll continuously be updating it until it gets to a decent point, or boring. I am also thinking about starting another game, however, this time, using C++. I have very little experience with C++, so that should be interesting. Though, a simple game shouldn't be too bad. I'm thinking Breakout right now to get a feel for it, but that could change. I'll keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment