Sunday, May 24, 2009

Pong (Java)

So, the first game will be Pong. It's a java game because I'm more familiar with Java than C++. Though if you want to try a C++ version (or any other language) go ahead and I can have a it posted. I've called it Paddle Ball because I don't know if I'm allowed to call it Pong, but the name is irrelevant, at least for now. It's the first game I've ever created, so it's quite simple, though there are many flaws. I don't have it posted up on Google Code yet simply because I'm waiting to see the interest in learning to make the game. Instead, you can go to my Google Site which has the java source files you'll need to compile and play with.

So, please have a look, if you have any comments or suggestions let me know. If you happen to make any improvements, let me know that as well. I'll keep a list of the contributers.

As for things I can think of to improve (or new features to create) here is a list:
  • background image
  • sound effects
  • intro screen with options
  • AI player
  • score positioned on correct side
  • smoother gameplay
  • nicer graphics
  • network gameplay
  • 3D graphics
**Feel free to add to this list!

Go to the Pong game here.

No comments:

Post a Comment