Wednesday, June 17, 2009

3D Modeling with Blender

To quote myself in a previous post, I said, "I highly doubt 3D graphics will be any easier to create than the 2D ones." Well, I'm not necessarily going to retract that statement, but I now believe that making 3D graphics may be easier than it seems... with some practice of course. This is where I introduce to you Blender, "the free open source 3D content creation suite." I stumbled upon it as I was looking for a "free, open source" program to create 3D graphics for the 3D game I'm going to develop at some point. I must say, I am impressed. Not that I know much about 3D graphics creation software, but Blender seems to be quite easy to use. At least the tutorials make me believe so. I even managed to whip up a snowman in a snow scene. Alright, it's not perfect, but remember I'm far from an artist, and that was my first try... even if I did follow a tutorial word for word. Either way, if you're interested in 3D graphics or 3D games, Blender is definitely worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment