Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Pong (Java) - Update 3

I've played around a little more with the Pong (Paddle Ball) game and it can now be restarted using a JMenuBar. It seems a little choppy, but it works. Maybe someone can come up with a better implementation. Either way, it's updated on my Google Site so check it out!

Something else I was thinking about was tossing up some information on how I actually made the game and how it works. I'm not 100% sure about some things, but I'm sure I can explain most of it. Then, maybe someone else can explain to me the things I don't understand perfectly. So, maybe within the next few weeks, I'll actually post some code with explanations (particularly since I don't think my commenting is overly helpful yet).

Other than that, I think it's about it. I still have some more ideas that I'd like to implement with the game such as a start-up/options screen and some sound effects. If anyone is interested in giving that a shot, please go right ahead. There's no better way to learn than doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment