Monday, June 8, 2009

Breakout (XNA) - Update 1

I've added a little more functionality to the Breakout game. Now the ball moves around the screen and kills the bricks. It just bounces of every wall though at 90 degree angles and it even bounces off of the bottom instead of killing a life. This is kind of dull and gets quite boring after some time. Maybe it would be nice if the ball sped up or at least changed angle. I guess this is where a little more math would come into play. Another problem is that the ball doesn't always properly bounch off the paddle if it hits the side. Though, I'm sure this can easily be fixed. There must be better methods to detect collision than rectangular collision.

Other than that, there are still obviously some improvements that can be made. Obviously keeping score and some new levels would be nice. I'll keep you posted if I make any improvements or if anyone else makes improvements to the code.

**I also haven't gotten around to explaining any of the Java Pong code yet, but I will. I just have to get this XNA stuff out of the way for my university course first.**

No comments:

Post a Comment